Clifton Mill Community 2023 Spring/Summer Reminders
Now that spring is right around the corner, it is time to perform annual fence, deck, and exterior home maintenance. Maintaining fences, decks and our homes’ exterior plays such an important part in preserving the aesthetics of the community and the value of our homes.
Under the direction of your Community’s Board, the management company will be doing site visits the 2nd week of April 2023 to ensure that all properties are being maintained in accordance with your community’s guidelines. You will be notified by mail of any non-compliance findings regarding your home or property and will have through Sunday, July 9, 2023 to bring these issues into compliance.
“Be the Inspector”, Take a walk around your home and using the check list below, identify problem areas and establish a plan to make sure the items are addressed by July 9th.
- All fences/decks are to be in good repair and free of mildew or discoloration
- All fences/decks and exteriors are to be pressure washed on a minimum bi-yearly basis to ensure that all mildew; moss, and streaking are removed. Some may require yearly or more often.
- All fences/decks are to be stained as per regulations
- All exterior home trim (doorways, windows, garage doors, vents, columns, shutters, porch posts and railings) as well as mail box posts are too be kept in good repair and are to be repaired or painted as necessary. Always ensure that you are using the appropriate paint color for your section.
- All doors, shutters, and exterior circular vents are to be repaired as needed and painted when faded. Check screens for torn areas and replace as needed.
- Homeowners may complete the pressure washing, staining and painting themselves, or hire a professional to complete the required maintenance
- Edging, Weeding and Mulching or (3/8” to 1” River Rock) of all flower beds should be completed and then maintained throughout the year.
- Trim low branches, all branches overhanging any sidewalk must be kept at a minimum height of 7 ft. Shrubs should be pruned especially in front of windows (below level of front windows) and adjacent to sidewalks as to not infringe.
- Signage should be placed only in flower beds and hoses, ladders, etc should be properly stowed
All homeowners are required to perform the above stated maintenance as required and ensure their upkeep throughout the year. Homeowners who do not complete the required maintenance by the completion deadline, and continue to fail to do so after proper notice, will be subject to a fine of $25/day, each day until the maintenance is completed.
*BPS employees will ALWAYS be wearing a shirt identifying them as such with a Burlington Property Services/BPS LOGO and drive vehicles with these same identifying Logo’s. If you should ever question if a member of BPS is in your community, please never hesitate to contact our office at 609-694-5444 and verify this with a member of our staff.
STREET PARKING !!!
PLEASE REMEMBER – Your vehicle, while parked in your driveway should not hang over the sidewalk as this creates a safety hazard for those using the sidewalk. No parking in Cul de Sac areas between the No parking signs. This is monitored by the BTPD and violations will result in ticketing and towing.
PET WASTE & CLEAN UP STATIONS
Please make sure that you pick up after your pets. Recently, there has been an increased incidence of individuals NOT cleaning up after their pets. Please be responsible and help keep the community looking nice for everyone. There are pet waste stations throughout the community for your convenience, please utilize them. Take only the disposal bag you need to ensure that there are enough bags for everyone in between restocking of the station. All excrement must be removed from the common grounds immediately. Excrement cannot be placed in sewers or wooded areas for health reasons. Fines will be incurred if these guidelines aren’t followed.
Please remember that your neighbor’s yard is not a “pet” stop. Pet urine is very damaging to grass and no one wants areas of dead/yellow grass in their front yard. Be thoughtful as your walk your pets.
Clifton Mill Rules and Regulations Page 6, Section 5 “Pets”
Dogs and Cats are to be licensed with all their shots as required by the Township Ordinances. Pets shall not be allowed to run free. All pets are to be kept on leashes while outside the unit/home. Owners are required to pick up and properly dispose of all pet waste. No pet is to be housed outside the unit. No more than two pets per household. Excessive barking will not be tolerated. For this purpose, excessive barking is defined as five consecutive minutes.
Bordentown Township Code 6.08.160 “Running at Large”
No person owning, keeping or harboring any dog shall suffer or permit it to run at large upon the public streets or in any public park, or in any public building, or in any other public place within the township, nor to be upon public streets or in any of the public places of the township unless such dog is accompanied by a person over the age of (12) twelve years and is securely confined and controlled by an adequate leash not more than six feet long. (Prior code 7-1.16)
*Animal Control: Animal Control is available to respond to animal related issues 24/7. Their primary responsibility is to handle issues related to domesticated animals. Animal Control will also provide assistance to all residents with issues relating to wild animals, such as: skunks, groundhogs, raccoons etc.
609-298-4300 (non-Emergency) dial extension 8
HOA Payment Dates
HOA payments are due the 1st of each February and August and are considered late if not received by the 15th of each of these months. Please make sure all dues are received by the 15th to avoid the $25.00 late fee per incidence. Thank you for your help in keeping your account current!
Please remember: visit your community’s website for information, payment options, and forms and always call with any questions 609-694-5444,
BRUSH, STICKS, BRANCHES AND TRASH/CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS SHOULD NOT BE DUMPED BEHIND HOMES WITHIN THE COMMON AREAS.
PLEASE PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THESE ITEMS CURBSIDE AS PER THE TWP’S COLLECTION POLICIES OR DROP OFF AT THE TOWNSHIP RECYCLING CENTER AT 266 CROSSWICKS ROAD OR CALL 609-291-2133 WITH QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE A PICK UP.
Burlington Property Services
6 Terri Lane, Suite 300, Burlington, NJ 08016